You collect data all year long. You have google analyitics running on your site, and you can tell everyone how many hits your homepage gets in a week. Now is the time to put that data to use and help you show value. It’s budget time and the data you have collected can be a valuable asset when you are advocating for additional resources in the web area.
You will have a strong case if you are able to pull together a complete picture. Here are some examples:
- just how many users the web is marketing to in a year
- how with limited resources (because lets face it we never admit that we have enough) you were able to engage visitors to stay longer on the site because of your enhanced content or technology
- a direct correlation to online donations or enrollment
- the number of requests for help you got across campus
- the number of “webmaster” emails you answered
Data can be used for more than just reporting or “backing up” your web decisions. Use it to your advantage.