What does it mean to be “nimble”?
How do we as web professionals respond quickly to a changing dynamic environment?
How do we stay on top of the technology when we are often “understaffed” to start with?
Our sites are not just competing with each other but with all other sites on the web as well. Students could be visiting espn.com, msnbc.com, and then gettysburg.edu. How do we stack up and continue to meet expectations?
Here are a few thoughts that I’ll offer:
- Concentrate on not just good or adequate content but GREAT content. Post the best stories, pictures, videos that you can find.
- Look for ways you can capitalize on “free” or close to free tools that help you communicate your “great” content
- DON’T implement the gimmicks or quick fixes that seem too good to be true – they probably are
- Spend your time, money, and resources on the things that push your institution the farthest – these will be worth what you put in.
- Collaborate – you can always do more when you work with other offices and departments